After purchasing a synthetic athletic floor, you want it to last and keep it looking like new for as long as possible. Luckily, there’s plenty of ways to do this! It’s highly recommended that at each entry to the floor, there be a floor mat. This will help catch a lot of the dirt and etcetera before people reach the synthetic floor. There are also daily and weekly/bi-monthly procedures, as well as special procedures for those scuff marks or for gum that got left behind.
Before you clean your floor, take stock of your supplies and equipment. For the following procedures, you’ll need:
- A low rpm scrubber vacuum machine (either a walk behind or rider)
- A gym-style push broom
- Scrub pads
- Medium light to medium level scrub pad (similar to 3M blue) for regular maintenance
- Aggressive pad (similar to3M green) for once a year maintenance
- Cleaner (neutral ph detergent)
- Hillyard Clean Scrub is recommended
- Warm water
- Optional – “Freeze It” brand freeze spray or regular ice cubes
The following items are optional for a CushionCourt system only:
- “Soft Scrub” brand, No-bleach cleaner
- “Mr. Clean Magic Eraser” brand scuff/stain remover
Daily Maintenance Procedure:
Dust mop the floor using the push broom or the scrubber vacuum. Don’t use a dust mop treatment.
Weekly or Bi-Monthly Procedure:
- Mix the cleaner with warm water and put in the scrubber tank
- Apply to the floor and scrub a section that can be covered in fifteen minutes
- Do not vacuum – let the dirt emulsify for the fifteen minutes
- Start at the beginning of the next section again without vacuuming
- Return to the previous section and scrub again WHILE vacuuming
- Repeat steps 3-4 until finished cleaning
Use the blue pad on a regular basis, but use the green pad once a year to remove any access build up.
As Required Procedure:
Scuff Marks/Deeper Stains: Use “Mr. Clean Magic Eraser” (for CushionCourt only) according to package instructions.
Gum: Freeze the gum with ice or “Freeze It” brand spray. Once the gum is frozen, gently scrape it off the floor. Repeat as necessary.
Once a year deep cleaning: Use no bleach “Soft Scrub” brand sparingly in front of the vacuum with the green scrubber pad and proceed as you would for the weekly cleaning.
For more questions, contact us at Horner Flooring by visiting our webpage: http://www.hornerflooring.com/contact.html.