There will be some changes to the State Farm All-Star Saturday Night this year!
The NBA All-Star game will be played this Sunday, February 16th. This Saturday will be the State Farm All-Star night. The State Farm night, like the game, challenges the East and the West to compete against each other.
What does the winner get? Money for charities. After the night is over, a total of $500,000 will be given to worthy causes. Now that’s something to cheer for!
There will still be four challenges (each winner gets $100,000 for their conference’s charity, with the runner up collecting $25,000 for their charity). Each challenge team will have a current NBA and current WNBA player, as well as an NBA legend. The four challenges are:
- Taco Bell Skills Challenge
- Damian Lillard will become the first player to participate in three events, the other two being the Foot Locker Three-Point Contest and the Sprite Slam Dunk
- What’s new: it will be a relay race this year
- Foot Locker Three-Point Contest
- Players will have one minute to make as many three point shots as they can to advance
- What’s new: a full rack of “money balls” will be in play (which count double) and can be placed at any of the five shooting positions
- Sprite Slam Dunk
- The reining champion, Terrence Ross, will compete again
- What’s new: the winner will be the best conference, not an individual player
- Sears Shooting Stars
Want to show your support for the East or West Conference or an individual All-Star? Get your NBA All-Star gear from NBA.com!